Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Finding ways to cut back

It is only in the mind that certain foods taste better than others. OK! I know that is not correct. But if you can change your taste you can change your habits.

After spending a lifetime, somewhere in the 30's, of eating whatever I want . . . the ole body can only handle healthy food now. Not that it rejects rich, high fat, high taste foods as I am eating them but that I feel like a tub of badness when I overeat the bad stuff.

So I have been working on my tastes. I have found that I have moved past needing 14 Nutter Butters for a snack and can really enjoy fruit. I have also discovered the world of low cal high taste foods that help cut cravings throughout the day. Even though it has taken a while to get here, I am finally able to eat and snack in a smart way and actually loose weight.

More to come on this . . . because now I am thinking of ways to describe my political views without sounding like an idiot.

1 comment:

ashmin said...

Kudos Todd! You are reaping the benefits of your hard work and are looking great! I'm sure your body is thanking you! I'm going to enjoy reading this!!! I have a blog but it's more like an uncensored diary, but I might get a public one! I'll send you the link if I do!