Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Great Books

I am reading several books right now, some of which I needed a break from so I started on something a little 'lighter'. I would recommend The Family by Jeff Sharlet for a disturbing look at politics and far right conservative religion; Twelve Mighty Orphans by Jim Dent for a fantastic true story about Texas high school football in the 1930's; The People's History of the United States by Howard Zinn for truth; and Donald Miller's newest contribution to life and spirituality called A Million Miles in a Thousand Years.

2 comments:

Kinz said...

How's the Miller book? What's it about? Sounds interesting. I'll let you know about coffee on friday morning, unless you have plans. I just need to see how the next 2 days go. I'm not anticipating much sleep.

Kinz said...

PS. Make sure you watch the Simpsons' video that I posted. It's like 10 seconds like, but hilarious.